The most requested feature from our users is now implemented: Undertone 1.2.4 supports Audiosuite handles.
Undertone is a semi-random ambience and texture generator, sound multiplier and drone maker, based on granular and convolution synthesis.
It can create dialogue fills, evolving soundscapes and sound fx from short audio samples.
Undertone is a Pro Tools AudioSuite plug-in (for MacOS and Windows) made by sound editors for sound editors. Try it now!
Only€199 (tax excl.)
New in version 1.2.4
- Support for Audiosuite handles
- New improved UI for Single Mini mode
- Fixed a bug that could cause Pro Tools to crash when working in Multi mode
New in version 1.1
- Surround Panner (up to 7.1) with random grains position
- Seed based random functions: can be locked to always render the same sound
- Relative control of parameters across multiple slots
- Faster rendering in Single mode
- Multiple UI improvements, refinements and more
Some of the things you can do with Undertone:
- Easily create fills for dialogue editing
- From single sound to multitude in a few clicks
- Create surround ambiences from mono production sound recordings
- No more loops if you need more audio material
- Randomly spawn sounds
- Design ever changing and dynamic sound textures from short audio samples
- Create M&E fills in seconds
From simple room tones and fillers to complex and rich backgrounds, from realistic environments to otherworldly sounds and drones.
Undertone is the breath of randomness that add life and movement to any sound.
The more you use it, the more you will be inspired.
Supervising dialogue editor
(Chernobyl, Black Mirror, Darkest Hour)
“Undertone is now an essential in my dialogue editing toolbox – for creating clean fill, fill with movement in it, for continuing bg noises such as planes or car noise which is often hard to fill, for elongating screams…you name it. And it’s a must-have for creating DX sessions for M&E too. Strongly recommended!”
(Jojo Rabbit, The Tree of Life, X-Men: Days of Future Past)
“Ok so I absolutely love this plugin, one of my all time favourites. It is currently saving me huge amounts of time and anguish, I use it almost on every scene plus it is getting me out of some very tricky dx editing situations. It’s friggin genius/awesome!! I would be lost/grumpy without it. Many thanks guys.”
Sound Designer & Founder @ Unidentified Sound Object
“The grown up kids @ Audiokids have enclosed in a unique and friendly device two of my desert island DSP tools: granulation and convolution. Once you’ve started using Undertone, it’s addictive… primarily for the tiny but important tasks such as creating air fills for dialogue tracks. Watch out though: it’s a powerful instrument to create complex soundscapes and atmospheres in an intuitive, simple interface. Kudos to Davide, Fabrizio and Mattia!”
Dialogue Editor and Re-Recording Mixer
“Undertone is a must-have for dialogue editors, that’s it. It’s a tiny little tool, very easy to use and yet a game changer.
Creating believable room tones with just a bunch of frames of usable audio has always been a struggle for dialogue editors: not anymore. Now that Undertone is in my toolkit, I can’t live without it.”